Allied Telesis Holdings K.K. expresses that “we continue development and progress with our customers” as a philosophy.
In order to accomplish this philosophy, for Allied Telesis Holdings K.K. (hereinafter, "we," "our," or "the company"), communication with customers is essential for conducting our business activities, and we recognize that protection of customers' personal information acquired for this purpose is extremely important.
- Under no circumstance shall the company acquire personal information by illegal methods.
- In principle, purposes of use shall be clearly indicated and obtained the consent of the person upon the acquisition of the personal information. In cases for which personal information is acquired without disclosure of the purposes of use, the purposes of use shall be promptly indicated to customers and obtained the consent form customers.
Also, when personal information is used jointly, items of the personal information to be jointly used, joint users, purposes of use and management representative of personal information shall be clearly indicated.
In the following cases, indication of purposes of use may be omitted:
1.) When personal information is provided at a meeting with personnel of the company, or through exchange of business cards
2.) When business cards are provided to personnel of the company at events or seminars
In the above cases, unless refused by the individual, personal information may be used for introduction of the company's products and/or services, or for sales or marketing activities.
If a customer does not wish to provide personal information, he or she may make such rejection upon the individual's sole judgment. However, please keep in mind that in this case services for which the provision of personal information is essential may not be provided.
- The company shall not use personal information in such a manner as to exceed the scope required to achieve the purposes of use without prior consent from users. The company, therefore, recognizes sufficiently and handles the purpose of use of personal information.
- The company shall not revise the purposes of use of personal information in such a manner as to exceed the scope that that maintains appropriate correlation with the purposes of use before revision. Provided any revision is in effect, such changes shall promptly be informed to users and obtained the consent of users. Following the revision such revision shall be promptly announced to customers or released on the company's Web site.
* For details on the Purposes of Use, please see this link
- The company shall take appropriate management measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage to personal information.
- The company shall not provide personal information to any third parties without prior consent of customers, except when:
1.) Within the scope required for achieving the purposes of use, the business requiring handling of the personal information is consigned to a third party (in such a case, a secrecy agreement will be signed with that third party),
2.) Imminent danger or risk occurs to the life, body or property of a customer, requiring emergency action,
3.) A part or whole of the company's business requiring handling of the personal information is inherited by a third party by merger, company restructuring or transfer of sales rights,
4.) Provision of personal information is requested by law,
5.) Personal information is disclosed in a manner such that customers cannot be identified individually (statistical process),
6.) Disclosure of the personal information is necessary to financial parties for credit settlement concerning the purchase of the company's products or services, and
7.) Disclosure to third parties as approved by laws, regulations, or guidelines related to the Protection of Personal Information.
- The company shall make the best effort to maintain the most current and accurate personal information within the scope required for achieving the purposes of use.
- The company shall disclose, correct, add or erase personal information upon the request of customers whenever possible.
- The company shall establish management systems for personal information protection based on JIS Q 15001 to observe other legislation concerning the handling of personal information and governmental guidelines and standard. All Executive Directors and Employees will strictly observe the requirements and make the best efforts to regularly review, maintain and improve the contents.
- In the event that we suspect there is inappropriate management of personal information, we will redress this immediately. We always endeavor to prevent a recurrence of the inappropriate management of personal information.
- We do not collect any of the customerfs Identification Number except the people related to the company and part of our customers who are paid a fee from the company because this is against Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure.
- We observe related acts and guidelines and handle Specific Personal Information properly.
- We specify handling regulations separately relating to security control measures of Specific Personal Information.
For more details about this functions, please see the help of a web browser you are using.
The personal information the company has acquired from customers through our Web sites and other means in the past without indicating the purposes of use will continue to be used within the scope required for achieving the Purposes of Use stipulated herein.
Date of establishment: July 1, 2004
Date of revision: November 1, 2015
Allied Telesis Holdings K.K.
Takayoshi Oshima, Chairman and CEO